Sunday, December 11, 2011

A confession

Hi friends! 
Again, it's been a while since I blogged. To be honest I lost a little confidence in my writing. Plus I've been on Uni holidays, so I've been suuuppeerrr busy lying on my bed, watching dvds, staying in my pajamas all day, stuffing my face and avoiding the gym. Seriously, holidays are hard work! 


But I'm writing today to get something off my chest. It's been bugging me for a while, and I think it's time I just admit it so I can move forward with my life. 


I'm a closet girly girl. 


I love romantic comedies, I get so excited when there's a new issue of Cosmo or Cleo, I drool over pretty make-up and beauty products, I trawl online shopping sites and analyse dresses, I can't walk past a shoe shop without Tony having to drag me away and I rock out to Beyonce in my car. 
I know what you're thinking. What's the big deal? You sound like every other girl out there. All my life I've been the sporty girl who mocked romance movies, wore sneakers instead of heels and never bothered with make up. 


Hence it's hard for me to admit that I love make up and pretty dresses, I'm obsessed with shoes and slightly addicted to shopping. 


This got me thinking about other things we all secretly love or hate. For example, my friend Anthony and I share a mutual secret love for Riverdance, and all things Irish. It's embarrassing and a little shameful, but we secretly love it. 
My friend Liv is super intelligent, indie, and blunt, but I've watched more chick flicks with her than anyone else. 
My boyfriend Tony refuses to watch The Notebook with me, but he did sit through Eat Pray Love with me one lazy Sunday afternoon, and he didn't completely hate it. 


So have a think about the things you secretly love but are too embarrassed to admit. And then look at yourself in the mirror and admit you love Sex and the City (and you're a dude) or you've seen all the Twilight movies and really felt for the characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment